Sunday, July 27, 2008

Live from the crime scene.

I had the good fortune to attend the Lisa Klein wedding earlier today. It was an extremely heartening occasion, especially because it was a genuinely beautiful ceremony. I used to film and edit weddings for the Thomas Hughes Video Productions company, and my experiences at such taught me some small lessons regarding the martial scene. The biggest disappointment was witnessing the glut of hugely grandiose,  masturbatory weddings. Now, some people will argue that there's no such thing as a masturbatory wedding; that the years of anticipation in waiting for one's true love merit whatever pomp and circumstance that the two lovers or their planners can dream up. I respectfully disagree. I believe that there's a line between beauty and tackiness in every situation, even if people are really excited an are dropping 100K to rent out an entire Sheraton.

Thankfully, yesterday's affair was wonderful. The ceremony and vows were laced with poems and songs, and the whole thing was orchestrated in a beautiful backyard grove. I later somehow got roped into hoisting the groom up in the air in a chair, as these Jewish folks are known to do. 

I got a new MacBook yesterday as well, which is pretty slick; I was dying to have a place to keep all my files consolidated, and now I have just that. I can also sart working on ome recording I've been meaning t do.

Also, I'm a vegan now. So I'm gonna whip up a salad and some asian seasoned seitan and rice later. Delicious...? Depends on how I do.

No comments: